We are a global Engineering and project delivery organization operating in the Oil & Gas, Mining and Chemicals industries. We operate at several locations in Indonesia. The position is based in Jakarta with occasional travel within Indonesia.
Lead Process Engineer
- Primary objectives
- To carry out the Technical Integrity role for the Process discipline
- To ensure all design work is safe and carried out in a safe manner
- To ensure all design work conforms to the codes and standards used by the client, or to agreed industry standards.
- To supervise and co-ordinate all Process Engineers working in the Process discipline group.
- To develop and maintain a quality design threshold for the Process discipline through use of understandable quality procedures
- To ensure all Process work is carried out within established budgets and schedules
- Specific accountabilities
- The overall supervision of the Process discipline work
- Technical direction, advice and control of the Process work.
- Liaison with client discipline representatives to establish technical direction where not provided by codes & standards
- Scope definition, estimation and progress control of the Process engineering activities
- Planning of man hour budgets, schedules, manpower loadings and staffing requirements, by skill and experience, to satisfy project requirements and direction given by the Engineering Manager
- Co-ordination of Process engineering design and drafting
- Complete complex process design activities including simulation
- Liaison with other discipline Lead engineers on technical issues and engineering matters.
- Assisting asset/client Lead Project Engineers in the definition of the Process engineering work in any project, design approach and criteria, procedures for engineering work and timely production of deliverables
- Co-ordination and preparation of input to Essential Process Documents, as defined by the client/ contract. Where responsibility for update of the Master Documents is handed to the Lead Process Engineer, procedures shall be put in place to maintain document integrity.
- Quality Assurance – Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the BU, etc
- Safety – Responsible for personal safety safe working practices for the BU, etc. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
- Matching indicators
- Academic Qualifications
- Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical Engineering) or equivalent
- Professional Qualifications
- Chartered Engineer (IChemE, IEAust or equivalent) or Member of Appropriate Engineering Institution
- 10 years minimum experience in Oil & Gas
- High level of computer literacy
- Good knowledge of process simulation packages such as HYSYS or PRO 11
- Approved Hazop Chairman (desirable)
- Proven leadership skills.